A couple of years ago, I have installed the automated irrigation system in our apartment. After running this setup for an year, I have discovered some problems during the everyday operation:
- due to the small capacity of the water tank, it was required to refill the tank frequently,
- amount of water delivered to the plants was determined by time (averaged measured value I got with calibration) and was not accurate,
- it was not possible to irrigate plants independently,
- couple of times the whole water tank was used for single watering thanks to basic physics in action and lack of the valves.
In a meanwhile I have decided to automate the watering of the balcony plants as well, but also to fix the problems noticed in the first implementation. Continue reading “Balcony irrigation”
2,940 total views, 1 views today