A couple of years ago, I have installed the automated irrigation system in our apartment. After running this setup for an year, I have discovered some problems during the everyday operation:
- due to the small capacity of the water tank, it was required to refill the tank frequently,
- amount of water delivered to the plants was determined by time (averaged measured value I got with calibration) and was not accurate,
- it was not possible to irrigate plants independently,
- couple of times the whole water tank was used for single watering thanks to basic physics in action and lack of the valves.
In a meanwhile I have decided to automate the watering of the balcony plants as well, but also to fix the problems noticed in the first implementation. Continue reading “Balcony irrigation”
3,013 total views, no views today